Protect your valuable shipments with ShipYourReptiles Insurance
Our on-time and live arrival insurance program has been operating smoothly for three months, and, as a way to better serve our customers, we are increasing the available coverage:
- Maximum coverage available when booking a shipment on ShipYourReptiles.com has been raised from $1,500 to $3,000.
- High-value insurance up to $10,000+ is now available. Inquire by emailing Robyn@ShipYourReptiles.com.
How ShipYourReptiles Insurance works
ShipYourReptiles Insurance covers your shipping charges if your package is delivered late, and it covers the insured value of the animal if it's delivered late and dead.
You can easily purchase ShipYourReptiles insurance when you Book a Shipment.
- By default, we provide you with the minimum $100 in coverage. You can decline insurance coverage by un-checking the insurance check box, or you can add coverage by increasing the insured value in the menu.
- Select the amount of insurance you want.
- Read the Terms and Conditions.
- Check the "I have read and accept all Terms and Conditions" checkbox.
The insurance charge will be added to your shipment.
Summary of coverage
- ShipYourReptiles Insurance provides the only way to insure live and on-time delivery of live reptiles. ShipYourReptiles Insurance protects you against late delivery and animal death due to late delivery.
- Insurance costs $2.50 per $100 in coverage, with a maximum coverage of $3,000 when booking through the site.
- If you want on-time arrival insurance only, you must select the minimum insurance charge of $2.50.
- In order to guarantee full coverage, we recommend you insure the combined value of your shipping charges and the reptile you are shipping.
- For a DOA claim to be covered, the package must also be delivered late, according to FedEx’ guaranteed delivery time. On-time live arrival is the shipper’s responsibility based on the ability to pack a healthy animal according to ShipYourReptiles shipping standards.
- For a delivery to be considered late, it must arrive 60 seconds or more after the FedEx guaranteed delivery time.
- Claims for dead arrival must be reported within four hours of the recorded delivery time.
- Claims for late arrival must be reported within seven days of the recorded delivery time.
For more details, see our FAQ, How does ShipYourReptiles Insurance work?
>> Book a Shipment Today!
In the past 2 1/2 years, ShipYourReptiles has helped thousands of people ship more than 100,000 packages easily, affordably and securely. ShipYourReptiles was founded by reptile breeders Robyn Markland and Chad Brown of Pro Exotics.